STR Regulations Update
Summit County is revising the rules governing short-term rentals (STRs) outside of the historic resort ares of unincorporated Summit County.
The BOCC approved the following goals to shape the new regulations:
- Local Workforce Housing: Maintain the housing stock that exists for locals, develop regulations that prioritize and preserve long-term rentals and locally owned housing units.
- Neighborhood Character: Create long-lasting STR regulations that preserve the historic, long-term residential character of Summit County’s neighborhoods and recognize the differing nature of the resort areas.
- Reduce Conflicts: Identify areas where STRs conflict with the primary residential uses established in the traditional neighborhoods and adopt regulations that reduce impacts and mitigate changes due to STRs.
- Balance: Summit County has always been a resort community; regain the balance between local residents, non-STR second-homes, and STRs.
- Clear Regulations: Adopt regulations that are straight-forward, easy to understand and easily enforceable.
Ten Mile Basin Open House
When: Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Where: Community and Senior Center, Freemont Room, 83 Nancy’s Place Frisco, CO 80443
Lower Blue Basin Open House
When: Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Where: North Branch Library, Blue River Room, 651 Center Cir, Silverthorne, CO 80498
Upper Blue Basin Open House
When: Tuesday, July 26, 2022
Where: Old County Courthouse, BOCC Hearing Room, 208 E Lincoln Ave, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Snake River Basin Open House
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Where: Dillon Town Hall, Council Chambers, 275 Lake Dillon Drive, Dillon, CO 80435
PROCESS AND TIMELINE
Research and Data GatheringEarly Summer 2022
Open Houses to Gather Community FeedbackSummer 2022
Development of the Proposed RegulationsFall / Winter 2022
Refinement of the Proposed Regulations and AdoptionEarly 2023